This Application Area relates to the confirmed international trends linking climate change to green-house gas (GHG) emissions and a more efficient energy resources usage. In this context, CREATE-NET plans to leverage on the points of strength of the research groups to promote the use of ICT technologies for reducing the environmental impact associated with our behavior in daily activities, including the usage of ICT technologies themselves. The relevance of this Application Area within CREATE-NET’s strategy is supported by the involvement in projects focused on the delivery of concrete results in the area of ‘green’ technologies.
The key applications related to the Green Tech Area include:
- Green ICT (e.g. energy-efficient data centers)
- Green wireless network protocols
- Smart Grids
- Energy Efficient Buildings
- ICT for Energy Efficiency (e.g. tunnels monitoring)
- Sustainable and multi-modal mobility