iNSPIRE - Networking & security solutions for pervasive computing systems
When everything communicates
The iNSPIRE research team pursues a multidisciplinary approach to devise innovative networking and security solutions for pervasive computing systems. The group activities are inspired by a hybrid approach, whereby research is deeply intertwined with experimentations, leading to solutions able to turn novel scientific paradigms into working prototypes.
The group works in tight collaboration with the ENGINE Team for the realization of prototypes and proof-of-concept implementation of innovative solutions.
Key aspects of the group research agenda include: the focus on data as the basic brick of pervasive
communication systems, the introduction of security considerations as constituent
properties of the system, the design of distributed, autonomic and "green" algorithms/protocols, the development of methods for evaluating performance, the focus on robustness and resilience as key performance. The iNSPIRE team pursues research on pervasive computing and communications
Key competences of the group include:
- Scalable networking solutions for large-scale computing/communications environments
- Platforms for opportunistic networking
- Autonomic network management
- Energy-efficient protocols
- Design and Experimentation of Multi-hop Wireless Networks
- Data confidentiality solutions for large-scale systems
- Policy-based access control for distributed right management