Trento FI-WARE/EIT ICT Lab Challenge
CREATE-NET is partner together with Engineering of the "Trento FI-WARE/EIT ICT Lab Challenge" an initiative promoted by the EIT ICT Lab.
The Trento FI-WARE/EIT ICT Lab Challenge is awarding a total of €50,000 to find the most innovative applications based on FI-WARE technologies. The challenge is open only to companies (start-ups and SMEs) and it is articulated in two phases.
During the first phase (from June 16 to July 16) participants can submit their ideas, using the f6s online form. Then, all the submitted ideas will be evaluated by a independent committee. Finally, the best two ideas will access the second phase (September 1 to December 31). During this phase, the selected teams will receive money prizes up to €25,000 each, to actually develop the idea. In particular, the second phase has three intermediate checkpoints:
- at the first checkpoint (October 1) the committee will evaluate the final architecture and will release up to €5,000 to each team;
- at the second checkpoint (December 1) the committee will evaluate the prototype and will release up to €10,000 to each team;
- at the third checkpoint (December 31) the committee will evaluate the final application and will release up to €10,000 to each team.
The Trento FI-WARE/EIT ICT Lab Challenge includes two tracks:
- The Open Data track accepts ideas aiming at combining the technological use of the FI-WARE platform with the Open Data paradigm. The main goal is to deliver a new added value application to the citizens interacting with the local tissue where the Open Data are popped from. Moreover, and when possible, to make data available to other developers, through the corresponding FI-Lab node.
- The Smart City services / apps track is open to applicants that want to engage with FI-WARE technologies to build a solution to improve services in a city context. It welcomes the adoption of IoT solutions and foster the integration with existing services and data sets and ideally to make the service available thorugh the relative FI-Lab node.